North Carolina Rheumatology Association
2013 Annual Meeting
April 13 & April 14
Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel
Download Conference Brochure
The purpose of this conference is to provide up to date clinically useful information to rheumatologists including the most recent advances and information on the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and management of selected rheumatic diseases.
At the conclusion of this educational activity the participants should be able to:
- summarize the new ACR classification guidelines for systemic lupus, understand the rationale behind the new criteria, which will then improve the early detection and prompt delivery of care to vulnerable patients.
- recognize the various manifestations of sarcoidosis, to learn and utilize the most current evidence-based approach to treatment for our patients.
- implement treatment recommendations and enhance therapy for difficult patients.
- review and understand the efficacy and safety of the new intracellular agents for treatment of patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- review evidence-based research data behind the new recommendations/guidelines, leading to enhanced knowledge of lupus nephritis, a devastating condition, and improve patient care.
- identify the controversies on how to prevent and manage the various adverse events in osteoporosis to ensure implementation of the best forms of preventative care.
- review the latest therapies and direction of new research in scleroderma to continually improve the care provided to scleroderma patients.
- implement the new ACR criteria for the diagnosis of Sjogren's Syndrome to effectively treat patients with Sjogren's Syndrome.
- identify and treat common ocular manifestations of rheumatologic diseases.
- comprehend the legislative changes in the health care system and its impact upon physicians and the patient care they provide and to allow physicians to ensure they provide efficient access to care for their patients.
Download Conference Agenda
Accommodations for the NCRA Annual Meeting can be made through the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills. For reservations you may call 1-866-941-3729. To take advantage of our special rate, reservations must be made prior to March 20, 2013. If you prefer to make guest room reservations on-line please use this link to access the hotel website (our guest code is asmasma).
Hosted by North Carolina Rheumatology Association
Sponsored by South East Area Health Education Center
Part of the North Carolina AHEC Program